29.3.08

Making time

"Something better than nothing" White Stripes, Blue Orchid

With the onset of school I have GOT to find a way to get a quality workout in during the week. The way I figuire it, the only way THAT'S gonig to happen is by exercising in the morning. Early in the morning, at that.
And while my dreams won't last as long, I can take comfort in the fact there there are many benefits of working out in the morning:
  • Knocking out your workout early leaves you more flexible to the challenges life throws at you later in the day.
  • You can take advantage of the early metabolism boost to sustain you throughout the day.
  • Stay focused! Research has shown that you can have a sharper mind 4 to 10 hours after exercise.
  • A structured a.m. routine can help keep your appetite in check.
  • And damnit, you'll just feel GREAT when you're done.

I'm cool with that.

1 comment:

Mrs. F said...

Working out in the morning is probably the best thing for your body. That is what I have heard anyways.

Last night I figured I would just get in where I fit in.

I worked out late last night. Like I started at 9:30pm and was done at about 10:45pm. Took a shower, watched a movie...still not tired. I finally fell asleep at 2am (which is ridiculously late for me) and was up at 7:30 this morning.

I think I will be working out before it gets dark out from now on!!!