19.6.07

Lappin' it up

"The number one question is how could you ignore it" Linkin Park, Nobody's Listening
It's very difficult to ignore a pool. It sits there, deceptively calm, waiting for me to finally get in and get to work. 9 laps in a pool await me in August so I figure that it's about time for me to get in the water and try out these laps.
Back and forth...one...back and forth...two...back and forth...damn, this would have been much easier if I hadn't forgotten my goggles. I think I'm over looking like a dork wearing googles in the pool. I used to be able to leave my eyes open under water but since I'm getting older my eyes have become far more sensitive. So goggles 1, vanity 0.
But for this round of laps I don't have them. I forge ahead, swimming the length of the pool when I quickly discover a few things: I definitely won't be able to do this tri without the goggles. Breathing is going to be harder than I thought. My triceps tired out pretty quickly so I'm going to have to do some overhead presses. Lastly, this is hard work. I tend to forget that swimming is one of the best exercises because it uses all the major muscle groups.
Back and forth...one...back and forth...two...back and forth...three...

No comments: