19.6.07

Back on the wagon

"You never forget the blood, sweat and tears" Linkin Park, Nobody's Listening
Falling off the wagon is easy. Getting back on it is hard. Inaction seems so much more simpler. It requires no effort.
I haven't exercised in a week and I've been eating out of control. I have my list of reasons: a house that needed attention, sick kids, a backwards work schedule, 4 hours spent on an airplane, etc. What I don't have is an excuse.
Stop making excuses for bad choices. Own the fact that you made a conscious decision to do what was easiest and move on. I'm human, you're human. We can't be perfect...all the time anyway. That's just too tiresome.
The easiest way for me to get back on the exercise bandwagon is just to get dressed. If I have my workout gear on I felt like I have to go. My commitment to teach a water aerobics class was just an added bonus yesterday.
You can dive into a better food battle plan at any time during the day. I prefer to set my sights on a brand new day because it's fresh, untainted and full of possibilities. Push back that box of PopTarts and reach for the whole grain bread instead. Don't just pour your liquid creamer into your coffee cup. Grab that measuring spoon and give yourself only 2 tablespoons. Have fruit at the ready for sudden cravings. Prepare yourself.
How far have you come? Have you lost 5 pounds? 10? 20? 3 dress sizes already? Toned up those arms? Ran that mile in under 10 minutes? Are you prepared to ruin those accomplishments by wasting the blood, sweat and tears that went into reaching it? Don't you deserve better?
I know I do.

No comments: