19.6.07

Motivation

"Take a chance you stupid ho" Gwen Stefani, What You Waiting For?

I gotta hand it to my mother. The woman is completley out of shape. Overweight. Hasn't exercised in YEARS. She's got foot problems so standing and walking can be painful. And yet.

I've got her sitting on a chair with a set of weights. Lifitng, pressing, curling. She's listening to me as I count down the reps, breathing when I remind her to breathe and flexing when I tell her to squeeze. Now we're laying on the floor doing crunches. Up, down, up down. She's ambling onto the elliptical machine, hoping that she doesn't fall off. I see her pushing, sweating, moving, trying to catch her breath. When she makes it on there for 5 minutes I tell her what a great job she's done and she replys that she feels like she's dying. And we'll go again tomorrow. And again. And again. Building up strength and endurance. Burning fat. Building muscle.

Oh, and she just quit smoking. I can't be more proud of her.

I know she can do this. She can do anything she puts her mind to, and I tell her that.

Who have you encouraged today?

No comments: